If you are planning a trip to Walt Disney World this February, there’s plenty to look forward to around the resort. Keep reading as we share some of the key highlights for a February 2022 trip to Orlando.
Special Events in February 2022 at Walt Disney World
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts – This festival takes place in Epcot until February 21, 2022. If you’ve never experienced the Festival of the Arts before, make sure you dedicate at least a day of your trip to exploring the park. Guests can enjoy Broadway concerts, art-inspired food and drinks, and gallery exhibits. Expect weekends to be much busier, so try to visit on a weekday where possible.
- Disney’s Princess Half Marathon Weekend – This runDisney event takes place from February 24th to 27th, 2022. There’s a yoga class in front of Cinderella’s Castle, a 5k, 10k, and half marathon. Register in advance to take part in any of the races or join in the fun on the side-lines, cheering on runners from around the world.
How is the Weather at Walt Disney World in February?
February can be a little hit or miss in Orlando, but if you are coming from a colder climate, you’ll appreciate the average high temperature of 73°F. Temperatures drop to an average low of 54°F at night, so make sure you pack your jacket and a sweater if you are planning to tour the parks until their closing time. February sees on average five days of rain, so it’s one of the driest months of the year in Orlando. For anyone who’s visited at this time of the year in the past, you’ll know that it’s still a good time for outdoor activities. You aren’t dealing with the oppressive heat of the summer months, and there will still be odd days that might be warm enough to swim if you are from somewhere with colder weather. Layers are key for a February trip, so you can add and remove clothing when needed.
The Pros and Cons of Visiting Walt Disney World in February
As with any month of the year, there are good and bad things about visiting this month. Keep these in mind when planning your trip to enjoy the best experience in Walt Disney World.
Pros of a February Disney Trip
- Low Crowds – February sees some of the lowest crowds of the whole year. While park hours sometimes reflect this, you’ll be able to enjoy a lot more attractions in a day.
- Festival of the Arts – This is one of the hidden treasures of the Disney events calendar in Epcot. Make sure you dedicate a day to this festival in Epcot.
- Good Resort Availability – Apart from the President’s Day weekend and the Princess Half Marathon Weekend, you’ll find that resorts are quieter throughout this month. It’s a great time to stay somewhere new that you can’t always get a booking for.
- Mild Weather – There will be some cooler days this month, but it’s a great time for exploring the parks. You won’t experience as much rain this month, so it’s easier to keep dry during a day out.
Cons of a February Disney Trip
- Too Cool for Water Parks – Unless you are visiting from the north or the UK and Europe, you’ll likely find it’s too cold for water parks this month. There may be the odd days you can swim, but it’s not a month for sunbathing all day long.
- Shorter Park Hours – Due to the lower crowds, expect parks to close earlier than usual. You’ll find that you don’t need as much time though as the lines aren’t as long, so in the end, you’ll probably get as much done as usual. The latest parks usually stay open this month is 9 pm, which is great for families with younger children. Magic Kingdom typically closes at 8 pm, so make sure you get there at park opening to see and do all of the top attractions.
Holidays in February 2022 at Walt Disney World
- Valentine’s Day – On February 14th, celebrate with your partner at resorts and restaurants throughout Walt Disney World. If you are looking to enjoy a romantic meal on this night, make sure you book an advanced dining reservation well in advance and look out for special menus for this night only.
- President’s Weekend –This year, the holiday weekend falls on February 18-21, 2022. While there aren’t any special events for this occasion, do expect slightly higher crowds in the parks. You’ll find that Disney usually extends the park hours this weekend as resorts are at a higher capacity than the rest of the month.
Operating Hours for February 2022
While park operating hours are subject to change, here’s a rough guide for what you can expect this month. Remember, resort guests always get 30 minutes of extra time in the theme parks each morning, and Deluxe resort guests have scheduled evening hours on certain days. Park hopping starts at 2 pm each day, so keep this in mind if you’ve upgraded your tickets to add this feature.
- Magic Kingdom – 9 am to 8 pm
- Epcot – 10 am to 9 pm
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – 9 am to 9 pm
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 9 am to 7 pm
- Water Parks – Blizzard Beach is closed in February 2022. Typhoon Lagoon is open daily from 10 am to 5 pm (weather permitting).
- Disney Springs – 10 am to 11 pm
February is an exciting time to visit Walt Disney World, and there’s plenty to see and do this month. If you are visiting while the Festival of the Arts is on at Epcot, make the most of this unique festival. The crowds are much lower in February than any other time of the year, so it’s a great time to get on some of the top attractions. You’ll find that the weather is a little up and down this month, but keep an eye on the forecast each day, and you’ll no doubt have an amazing family vacation in Walt Disney World.